Friday, April 20, 2012

Getaway: San Diego




This past weekend, the hubby and I escaped to our Home away from Home: San Diego. 

Beach time, waves and ocean breeze, shopping, foodie-ness, bright colored outfits, local art....was just what this girl needed.

We ate at a bunch of new places...SD is always popping up with newer and yummier places to sip and eat. We tried a cute brunch place called cafe chloe in downtown. One night we opted for a much needed dose of lucha libre mexican food. The other evening we chose Urban Solace for our wining and dining experience. This place is tucked away in trendy North park and has a great ambiance and wonderful food.  



I decided to try the pork belly entree and Daniel got the chicken and dumplings. We snacked on their cheddar biscuits with yummy herb butter....Those biscuits were amazing and my pork belly was the best I ever had. I would recommend this place for a great dinner out. We had a private table but they also promote communal dining where you can share a table with other smaller parties. We thought that, that was pretty fun. I have to point out that there was a glaring art piece of Ron Burgundy (Anchorman) behind the bar...this was actually my favorite part!






 


















To end our night and walk off the wine, we strolled through the "Ray St. @ Night" art walk. and listened to  live indie music with their own dancing kids. All the art studios were open for any of our art viewing pleasures. I got really drawn to the geodes and rocks that were popping up in a lot of the galleries. I couldn't resist and bought a piece of green calcite which is the stone of "Letting go and moving on" and very cool piece of petrified wood which was collected and polished by artist "Orion Jewelry & Lapidary". He travels all over to collect pieces and cut and polish them to make dramatic pieces. The hubby was super sweet and bought me a handmade blue octopus patina necklace made by Zedena Designs. Her work was displayed in the Striving Artist Gallery where they showcase local artists. She actually made the octopus by hand by making her own mold. This piece is so fun and I love why Daniel thought of buying it for me. He says, an octopus reminds him of me because I am always doing so many things at once, have different projects going on and am able to balance it all. Such a sweety!

Check out our spoils from the Art walk below!! 























Isn't the octopus cute?! Such a fun weekend! San Diego will always be a home to us. So I hear the weather here in Northern Cali will be beautiful...Here's to another great weekend. What do you have planned?

xoxo
Annaliese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...