Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Running my way to becoming a runner


{running in+heels pics on Sodahead
}


If you know me...you know...I HATE running!

However, I am so inspired by those that actually DO run.  Inspired by those that never used to run and they started training and they go to all these 5k, 10ks, and marathons. I want that! But whenever I get motivated enough to run, I go for a run and then all of a sudden, I hit this mental block, where I will come up with every reason to make myself believe that I need to stop running and start walking the rest of the way. It can be that I am too tired, or I swear I think I feel a kink in my back, my knee, or wherever. So I stop and walk, and feel good about my decision for all of 5 seconds until I realize that Im not hurting or nauseous. I just let my stupid reasoning get ahead of me. Its this vicious cycle that makes me hate running...because I cant seem to go at it for a long time and get my self over that hump.

Well, anyways, this year, I have decided to make myself....wait for it...A Runner! I know! I really really want to do this and really really want to get over that mental hump and be able to run at least a 5k. That is my goal...well actually my goal is to do 2  5Ks this year (the SF Giants one, and the Disneyland one). I figure I can motivate my self by cool races. If only there was a way to run in cute heels and cute outfits...I may have already been a runner by now =)

If you are wondering about my progress, I am currently on week 2 of my couch to 5k program .I actually do exercise regularly. But running is not a part of my regimen and this program seems gradual enough for me to ease my mind and body into getting used to running. Good news is that I am not feeling demotivated yet!

Do you run? Have you done a marathon?

Wish me luck!


xoxo
Annaliese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...